1. Purchase a quart first instead of buying a huge amount of pain most especially if you are not committed to the color yet. Acquire a piece of foam board and they paint it with the paint you just bought then move it around the room and observe on how the light would affect the color at various times of the day.
2. Be certain to obtain the dimension of the room that you are about to paint in square footage before you go out and buy a paint. Covering unprimed, rough or textured surfaces may necessitate more.
3. Be certain not to apply oil on the latex and vice versa without sanding the walls first (be sure to wear a mask when doing this) and then with the use of a tack cloth, wipe away the dust particles. Then put a primer that has similar composition (oil or latex) of the proposed topcoat. And in order for you to know whether the current color of your wall is water or oil based, obtain a white cloth and soak it in a rubbing alcohol then rub it on the wall. And it is surely a water based paint if the paint on the wall will soften and start to transfer on the cloth. And in the event that the paint would remain the same, then the paint is oil based.
Learning The “Secrets” of Services
4. Make sure not to undervalue on how long it will take for the job to be finished. Be certain that you give 24 hours for the paint to dry before you start on taking in everything back to the room. In addition, permit at least 14 to 3 days to cure before you wipe or wash the walls.
How to Achieve Maximum Success with Companies
5. In addition, paints contain volatile organic chemicals also known as VOC which produce toxic gases into the air after a couple of years of painting the room. Make sure to only buy paints that has low or no volatile organic chemicals at all. The paints that have a green seal have a volatile organic chemicals of less than 50 grams per little for flat as well as less than 150 grams per liter of non-flat.
Take into account that the paint will not stick so well to dirty walls and because of this, be sure to clean them with water and soap first before painting. Then permit the paint to dry overnight.
5. Make sure the ceiling is clean before you start painting. Without question, you will be amazed that there are dust and cobwebs residing in the ceiling that you have not noticed for a long time. Make use of a china bristle brush or a paintbrush in order to dust the baseboards, trim and then crown the molding before you tape them off.